Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Character Interview: London from Forgotten



Forgotten by Cat Patrick
Published: June 7, 2011 by Little, Brown Books

Each night when 16 year-old London Lane goes to sleep, her whole world disappears. In the morning, all that's left is a note telling her about a day she can't remember. The whole scenario doesn't exactly make high school or dating that hot guy whose name she can't seem to recall any easier. But when London starts experiencing disturbing visions she can't make sense of, she realizes it's time to learn a little more about the past she keeps forgetting-before it destroys her future.

Part psychological drama, part romance, and part mystery, this thought-provoking novel will inspire readers to consider the what-if's in their own lives and recognize the power they have to control their destinies.
{taken from goodreads.com}
Please welcome London Lane, from Cat Patrick's novel Forgotten to GReads!  Though she may not remember this interview tomorrow (unless she jots it down in her notebook) I thought I'd snag her & ask her a few intriguing questions.

So London, tell me what is the first impression most people have when they first meet you?

Since no one really knows for sure what kind of impression they’re making on someone—we can only hope it’s a good one—I honestly have no idea. So, I just called Jamie to ask her what she thought of me when we first met. Here’s what she said: “I thought you were stuck up because you didn’t talk to anyone, but I liked your hair.”

Hmm. Stuck up? I’m calling Luke…Okay, his is better. “I thought you were hotter than Princess Leia. I thought you were a little weird, but in a good way. I immediately wanted to get to know you.”

Haha wow. Yeah I'd definitely like Luke's impression a lot more! Could you tell me what the most familiar object is to you & why?

The most familiar object to me is the notebook on my nightstand. It’s pretty much the first thing I’ll see every morning for the rest of my foreseeable life. It’s like a roadmap and rule book for getting through each day.

As I mentioned above, I hope you jot down this interview in your notebook to remember! Since you like to play the "feet game" a lot (identifying people by their shoes) - what are your favorite shoes to wear?

Well, this sounds funny, but I don’t own them yet. When I get the offer for my first real job, I remember that I’ll splurge on a pair of classic pumps that I’ll have forever. They’re amazingly comfortable for dressy shoes and look great with everything. I remember feeling grown up and beautiful in them.

There's always a price to pay for fabulous shoes, right?! What song comes to mind when you see Luke Henry (your oh so hot boyfriend) for the first time each day?

I don’t know about yesterday, but today when I saw him, I thought of “In Your Eyes,” originally by Peter Gabriel. Luke has The. Most. Amazing. Eyes.

But also, there’s this unknown singer: he’ll be on one of those singing competitions and get a record deal. Then he’ll cover the song…that’s the version that will play on the night we…let’s just say it’s a big night.

Oh my! Having the perfect soundtrack for the perfect night is always important! I heard there's been talk about your story becoming a movie. Who would you prefer to be cast as you? what about Luke?

Hailee Steinfeld is attached to play me, and I think she’s perfect (her hair is darker than mine but who cares?). As for Luke? Wow, that’s tough. He has an effortlessly cool yet oh-so-hot look like William Moseley or Chance Crawford, so I’d vote for someone like that.

Both of which are very nice choices, I might add. Since you can see the future, do you plan to put these special talents to use? or would you rather ignore them & live each day pretending not to know what's to come?

I think part of the fun in life is surprises, so I choose to live as “normally” as I can. I don’t want to spoil anything for anyone else either (my notes tell me that Jamie has forbidden me from telling her anything about her future). However, there are times when I’ll help keep people out of harm’s way: that’s just doing the right thing. But no, I’m not going to purposely win the lottery or join the FBI or become a paid psychic or anything.

I must admit, having that power would be very difficult not to use though! I admire your strength to keep yourself from peering too far ahead in the future. I know it would be oh so hard for me not to look. Thank you London for stopping by GReads and answering a few of my questions :-) It's always interesting to get inside that character's mind from time to time.

I also wanted to say a huge thanks to author Cat Patrick for putting this post together!  Be sure to pick up your copy of Forgotten on June 7th!

Courtesy of The {Teen} Book Scene.





Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. So cute! I'm even more excited to read this book now :)

    P.S. William Moseley & Chance Crawford are excellent choices ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am marking June 7th on my calender RIGHT NOW! This sounds so fantastic. Not only does the summary of the story make it seem super interesting but I just loved the character interview. Great post!
    -Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved doing this interview! Thanks so much for helping me get the word out about FORGOTTEN. And great news, it's out EARLY!! Should be hitting shelves this week, and I got my Amazon copy today (yes, I ordered my own book). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't so sure for this book but now I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Readers! Once you've typed up that comment that I oh so appreciate, please click "notify me" in the bottom right corner so that you don't miss my reply! Thanks, xo.

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs