Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Top 10 Tuesday



Hosted by: The Broke and the Bookish
This week's top 10 list:
(YA - b/c that's what I read!) Authors who deserve more recognition!




1. Lauren Barnholdt - author of Two-way Street & One Night That Changes Everything, two of my favorite YA contemps!  Her books are easy-going, flip-the-pages, feel-good novels!

2. Simone Elkeles - author of Perfect Chemistry series & Leaving Paradise.  This woman knows how to write hot, angsty characters! Love her stuff. SO MUCH.

3. Courtney Summers - author of Cracked Up to Be & Fall For Anything.  The rawness & depth in her writing is beyond amazing. This author knows how to tell it like it is.

4. Morgan Matson - author of Amy & Roger's Epic Detour.  Though she's only written one YA book so far, it is SO worth mentioning.  This book has me so psyched as to what's to come in the future for this author.

5. Kody Keplinger - author of The DUFF.  Another author who has only one published YA book so far, but I would SO read something else by her.  If you know me, then you know how much I adore The DUFF.  It was my favorite YA Contemp of 2010, after all!

6. Jennifer Echols - author of Going Too Far & Forget You.  Even though her subjects are teenagers, her writing style creates such a mature atmosphere that I just adore her stories.  John After & Doug.  Need I say more?

7. Mindi Scott - author of Freefall.  Not many female authors can pull off the male POV perfectly; however Mindi here has done a superb job!  I really felt myself connected to Seth.  I am so anxious for another one of her books!

8. Blake Nelson - author of Recovery Road.  I was just recently introduced to this author & was completely blown away by his realism in his work.  He doesn't sugar coat things & isn't afraid to speak truth behind his written word.  I highly respect that in an author!

9. Siobhan Vivian - author of Not That Kind of Girl.  It's refreshing to read a book that doesn't give in to the stereotypical teenage lifestyle.  Instead this author forced the MC to have a voice & stand by it.  But she also pointed out that not all characters are perfect; they're human just like us - with flaws.  And that is totally relate-able!

10. Jenny Han -author of The Summer I Turned Pretty series.  You thought I'd make an awesome YA author list & not include this one?! Ha!  Yes.. you should be well aware for my love of all things Jenny Han.  If not, just check my twitter feed :-)


*not every book written by these authors are mentioned, only books that I have read.

Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. Simone Elkeles and Jennifer Echols would definitely be in my top 20! Great list!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice choices! I especially agree with Jenny Han.
    I never would have found out about her fab books had it not been for Twitter. I haven't heard of Mindi Scott or Blake Nelson. I will have to check them both out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't agree more with these choices! I love just about all these authors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree everyone should read Simone Elkeles and Morgan Matson!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome list, I've added a few of these books to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a superb list! Jennifer, Simone, Courtney, and Mindi are all fantastic authors (all of which wrote some of my favorite books) As for the others, Every Single One of those authors are on my TBR list :)
    -Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of great authors to add to my wishlist! Courtney Summers is a rock star.

    ReplyDelete
  8. #1-6, and 10 have each written a book I have LOVED
    I have never read 7-9 but maybe I'll get on that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE Jenny Han as well. We definitely have that in common along with Morgan Matson. I'm happy to find someone else who is also obsessed with Han. :) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I've never heard of any of these authors. I guess that's the point of this week's list. I'll have to check them out. Maybe, it's time I diverge from fantasy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE Jenny Han! And I really need to read the Perfect Chemistry series!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You make me so excited to start Jenny Han's series! It sounds so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to read a Lauren Barnholdt book! And I agree with about Morgan Matson, Courtney Summers, and pretty much the rest of the list, lol. I was about to sit here and type the rest out! Such a great list and mine is all YA authors as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome list, G! I still need to read Jenny Han's series :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have heard lots of good about Freefall. Guess I need to pick it up

    ReplyDelete
  16. Definitely yes to Jenny Han and Blake Nelson. I'd also add Savita Kalhan to that list...and Kirsty Eagar :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really need to read "Two Way Street." I have some friends who are seriously obsessed with it. And I love Jenny Han too!

    -Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lauren Barnholdt is amazing! When I read Two-Way Street, I knew I woud love her. And I indeed do. :D Jenny Han is quite amazing. I love her series (although i need to get started on #2 lolol).

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVED The DUFF. I couldn't put it down and I felt like Keplinger did an amazing job of portraying the tough emotions and doubts high school girls go through sexually and emotionally. Awesome list!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Woot Courtney Summers! This is a great list, G! And yes, you don't need to say anything after John After. Srsly.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic list! I LOVE most of these authors (yay especially for Courtney Summers and Jennifer Echols, and I was recently blown away by Siobhan Vivian -- wow). Blake Nelson is the only one I haven't read. If you like him enough to put him on this list, I'll definitely check him out. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello Readers! Once you've typed up that comment that I oh so appreciate, please click "notify me" in the bottom right corner so that you don't miss my reply! Thanks, xo.

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs