Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Red Moon Rising ~ by Peter Moore
(Feb. 15, 2011)

Teen Wolf meets True Blood in this fun, boy-friendly story.

Being only half-vamp in a high school like Carpathia Night makes you a whole loser. But Danny Gray manages to escape the worst of the specists at his school. Thanks to the genetic treatments he had as an infant, most people assume Danny's other half is human. Which is a good thing. 

Ever since the development of synthetic blood – SynHeme – vamps have become society’s elite, while wulves like his father work menial jobs and live in bad neighborhoods.  Wulves are less than second class citizens; once a month they become inmates, forced to undergo their Change in dangerous government compounds.

For Danny, living with his vamp mother and going to a school with a nearly all-vamp student body, it’s best to pretend his wulf half doesn’t even exist. 

But lately Danny's been having some weird symptoms -- fantastic night vision; a keener-than-usual sense of smell; and headaches, right around the full moon.   

Even though it's tempting to live in denial, it's hard to ignore evidence. There's only a month until the next full moon, and Danny's time is running out. 

{taken from goodreads.com}

This book looks like a fun read! And is it just me, or does that boy on the cover look delicious?! hehe  Half vamp, half werewolf??  This intrigues me!!

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. The boy on the cover does look delicious, all mysterious and bad-boy like:) I love this blurb, I haven't heard of this one before so thanks for featuring it! I'm now going to be waiting on it as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danny on that cover looks straight outta 8 Mile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg Anna, he does!! Maybe that's why I like it so much? (I had this weird, unhealthy obsession with Eminem when he came out with 8 Mile lol).

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look like 8 Mile! Unhealthy obsessions are totally healthy lol!


    Check out my WoW :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha great!( story + cover).Have to stop checking out your posts, those books go straight on my to-read pile:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Half vamp, half werewolf? That's definitely a first. I can't wait to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so original (at least to my knowledge) and it's definitely going to be on my TBR! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hello Readers! Once you've typed up that comment that I oh so appreciate, please click "notify me" in the bottom right corner so that you don't miss my reply! Thanks, xo.

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs